*Please be advised that affiliate links may be used within this post. If you click on any of the links, there will not be a cost to you, however, I may receive some commission. You can find out more from my Policy here.*
Hello my lovelies! Hope you are all doing well, and are keeping safe! Today I am writing my blog post, in the kitchen of my in-laws house, listening to Andrew (my partner) playing the piano. This month has felt very long with the build up to my last day in my job, and of course the move. During the last couple of weeks, I couldn’t bring myself to read or connect much, as I was keeping focused on what I had left to do, bills to sort and god knows what else!
I found that during this month I realised how my mental health has been affected quite a bit from all the changes that have been occurring. Mental health is a subject that is not always a welcome subject for discussion. In the past when I have spoken up to people about feelings, they would often say ‘you’re just under the weather’ or ‘it is just a phase’. I have been lucky at this moment in my life, to have a support network in place where I have people I can turn to about different things that are going on. If you every feel you need to talk to someone, and don’t know who to talk you, you are all more than welcome to contact me through my social media sites 🙂
I have been very fortunate during August to have exceeded my views in a month for 2020!! Usually the goal in the back of my mind, is to get to 200 views a month. That to me, is a huge achievement!
I took a break late last year as I was over loaded with uni work, blogging and life in general, that I decided to work on myself. When lock down hit, I took the decision to come back to blogging and reviewing books! The best decision of the year! Each month, I have had the idea that 200 views would be amazing, but this month with 445!!! WOW!! Just thank you to everyone!
Top 10 Country views…
I don’t know if anyone else is as fascinated as me with country views, but I have been! I am still in awe that people visit my blog, other than my parents!
This month, my Top 10 Country Views were;
- United Kingdom
- United States
- South Africa
This month I read the following book;
- The Library Murders by M.R. Mackenzie
- Sheltering Rain by Jojo Moyes
- Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
My goals for August were to;
- Blog Tour Review of The Girl You Forgot by Giselle Green
- Blog Tour Review of The Library Murders by M.R Mackenzie
- How To Break An Evil Curse by Laura Morrison – Read Your Bookshelf Challenge 2020 (August) / ARC (Didn’t get time to read this book!)
- Sheltering Rain by Jojo Moyes – Read your Bookshelf Challenge 2020 (March)
SO! As you may have seen, I did complete two Book Tour last month, as well as a load of book blitz, including;
- Who Killed Patrick? By Syl Waters
- Foxgloves by Ashlee Maza
- The LittleBig Detectives by Alexandra Antipa
- Midsummer Dreams by Ian Riddle
- Tree Magic by Harriet Springbett
- The Fallen Persimmon by Gigi Karagoz
- Corporate Armageddon by Gauri Shanbhag Wagle & Cover Reveal
- Stacking the Shelves #3
Can you believe how busy it was last month!! I was on my toes doing work! I must admit though, I absolutely loved The Girl You Forgot and the Library Murders …. OMG!! I think that is part the reason why I have such a book hangover at the moment.
My goals this month are relatively simple! I have split them up a little bit to keep easier tabs on them.
- To read Custom of the County by Edith Wharton – Read Your Bookshelf Challenge 2020 (September)
- The Merry Month of Murder – Promo
- Extract in a Blog Tour for Miss Smith Commits the Perfect Murder
- Extract in a Blog Tour for The Unique Spirit
- Extract in a Blog Tour for The Rue Stone
- Blog Tour Review for One Winters Night
- Extract in a Blog Tour for Tipping Point
- Extract in a Blog Tour for Slaughter of Keith Hall
- Extract in a Blog Tour for External Forever
- Q&A for the Author for Reformed Dreamer
- Blog Tour Review for Not Myself Today
Social Media Goals
|Actual (Beginning of month)||Goal|
|Blog (Views)||445 (Last Month)||250|
Not many bloggers put up publicly about their views, maybe they are worried it would look arrogant, or even because it doesn’t seem a lot. I was one of those people who didn’t want to showcase my follows or views, but I am very proud of my route success up!
What are your goals for September? Did you manage to complete August’s goals? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Happy Reading, x